huotg01
As said earlier, I'm now using another tool to manage our requests. With this other system, it is possible to export all the still opened tickets, with dates when available. I would like to load, in batch, all these tickets in RT Is there a way in RT to do that ? In this specific case, would it be better to choose another program than RT ? Thanks, Gaston

Re: Loading requests in batch mode ? RT 4.2.9

Kenneth Marshall-2
On Mon, Mar 02, 2015 at 04:52:17PM -0700, huotg01 wrote:
> As said earlier, I'm now using another tool to manage our requests. With this
> other system, it is possible to export all the still opened tickets, with
> dates when available.I would like to load, in batch, all these tickets in
> RTIs there a way in RT to do that ?In this specific case, would it be better
> to choose another program than RT ?Thanks,Gaston

Hi Gaston,

I think they removed the offline tool, which is what I had used previously in
an earlier version, in version 4.2. Now I would use the REST API to load them
into the system. There is a fairly nice example in the mailing list archives.
Search for 'Convert Other Ticketing System DB to RT' in one of the searchable
archives:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/

The first result has a sample script.

Regards,
Ken

Re: Loading requests in batch mode ? RT 4.2.9

huotg01
Thank you Ken.

Gaston
514.823-7202

On Mon, Mar 02, 2015 at 04:52:17PM -0700, huotg01 wrote:
> As said earlier, I'm now using another tool to manage our requests. With this
> other system, it is possible to export all the still opened tickets, with
> dates when available.I would like to load, in batch, all these tickets in
> RTIs there a way in RT to do that ?In this specific case, would it be better
> to choose another program than RT ?Thanks,Gaston

Hi Gaston,

I think they removed the offline tool, which is what I had used previously in
an earlier version, in version 4.2. Now I would use the REST API to load them
into the system. There is a fairly nice example in the mailing list archives.
Search for 'Convert Other Ticketing System DB to RT' in one of the searchable
archives:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/

The first result has a sample script.

Regards,
Ken

http://requesttracker.8502.n7.nabble.com/Loading-requests-in-batch-mode-RT-4-2-9-tp59693p59694.html
To unsubscribe from Loading requests in batch mode ? RT 4.2.9, click here.
NAML