Collect Feedback via CustumField and Link

Collect Feedback via CustumField and Link

ThJu
Hi,

I'm pretty new to RT and want to implement a very simple feedback-function to our RT.

I think of a scenario like this:

A customer gets an email when the ticket is resolved (already exists). In this mail he will see a simple rating matrix in form of traffic lights, smilies or something like this. This matrix should picture, if the customer is satisfied with our work on this ticket or not (positiv, neutral, negativ feedback). Behind these three matrix symbols are hyperlinks that represent the feedback in a customfield relayed to the ticket (0 = no feedback, 1 = positiv, 2= neutral, 3 = negativ). With a click on the suitable hyperlink/ image the customer is done with his feedback.

Now I'm looking for a way to implement a customfield that reacts on autogenerated hyperlinks related to the customfield... Any ideas?

Thanks
ThJu

Re: Collect Feedback via CustumField and Link

Schincke, Keith
ThJu,

I implemented this feedback/customer satisfaction system on a previous RT installation.

I created a queue with a custom field for a satisfaction rating (1 -> 5). The feedback form was a simple Perl CGI.pm page. The link provided by the outgoing RT email include the ticket ID in the CGI argument. When the user submitted the form, a ticket was created in the feedback queue, the custom value stored, any comments were added and a link was created between the two tickets. Any duplicate submissions resulted in additional comments to the feedback ticket and an updating of the custom field.

Keith

RT Training London, March 19-20 and Dallas May 20-21
http://bestpractical.com/training

Re: Collect Feedback via CustumField and Link

Steven H
Hi Keith,

Can you please give more details on how you do it? like code of "CGI.pm"; Is the form included in the email? How does customer submit the form and how to write the value into database?

Re: Collect Feedback via CustumField and Link

Steven H
Hi Keith,

In the post you said the feed back recorded in a custom filed of a tickect. How to get it in report according to original ticket, staff, date range?