Change AutoResponse Global Template based on time of the day

Change AutoResponse Global Template based on time of the day

rjandric
I have to modify the global template in RT so the AutoResponse via email is different during office hours and after hours. For Example at 9AM it should say Thank you for contacting Help-desk etc. , and at 5PM will say that the office is currently closed, all tickets will be looked at tomorrow morning.
Now, I have achieve this modifying directly using simple MySQL statement in bash script to insert my text in the rtdb.Templates table Contents field and injecting the text form the text files. Although it works with Cron jobs running at 9AM and 5PM, I was wondering if there is a way to do it via API, since it is more elegant and overall better solution.